Our guest author today is Kim McMahill, who is going to share some tidbits about the writing of her book that no one knows--until today.
Kim McMahill started out writing non-fiction, but her passion for exotic world travel, outrageous adventures, stories of survival against the odds, and happily-ever-after endings soon drew her into a world of romantic suspense and adventure fiction. Along with writing adventure novels she has also published over eighty travel and geographic articles, and contributed to a travel anthology and cookbook.
5 Secrets about SHROUDED IN SECRETS
1. Though I haven’t been to the exact locations of all the scenes in the book, I have visited all of the countries involved except Peru. I’ve been to Mexico, the Bahamas, Egypt, and Argentina.
2. I was inspired to write Shrouded In Secrets after seeing a program on the Travel Channel about thirteen crystal skulls and their associated legends. There were a lot of theories presented surrounding their origin, if all thirteen actually exist, and if the objects were even truly ancient. Whether or not any of it was true didn’t matter to me, I was simply intrigued with the mystery and the potential to create a really awesome adventure.
3. In researching Shrouded In Secrets I read through mountains of material, much of which I didn’t understand not being a scientist, archeologist, or super-spy, but the information helped point me in the right direction.
4. The Nasca Lines (also spelled Nazca) are huge earth drawings of geographic patterns and animals in the desert of southwest Peru. The lines were discovered in the 1920’s and are thought to have been made by the Nascan Indians who lived in the region between 300 BC and 800 AD. The idea of incorporating the mystethough the idea of a series taking off from Shrouded In Secrets is never far from my thoughts.rious lines into my story didn’t gel until I actually started plotting the fictional locations of the relics on a world map and a pattern developed.
5. When I finished Shrouded In Secrets I anticipated making it the first book of a series. I feel many of the secondary characters like Diane, Pete, and Marjorie are strong enough to take the lead in a novel, weaving characters from previous books in to keep the series tight, and eventually culminating with an epic thriller bringing them all back together. This may still happen someday, but at the moment I’m consumed with my latest project, A Dose of Danger, which will be released in 2015.
Blurb from Shrouded in Secrets:
When the massacre of an unarmed South American village, destruction of one of the greatest manmade wonders of the world, and multiple museum thefts occur, an international team is assembled to locate a deadly group of terrorists. The team led by the ruggedly handsome, but emotionally scarred CIA agent, Cash Luker, scours the globe in an attempt to keep ahead of those striving to bring team closes in on those responsible for the devastation he must conquer past demons in order to save the woman who has captured his heart, and prevent destruction of legendary proportions.
Buy links for Shrouded in Secrets:
You can find Kim at:
Author website: http://KimMcMahill.com
Thanks for checking out Kim and her secrets. If you have any comments or questions, Kim will be around to answer them.