Did you or didn’t you shop on Black Friday? And why? And if you did – was it worth it?
My recipe for Black Friday is:-sleep in
- don’t drive or go anywhere near a shopping mall
- do your Christmas cards at home
- try the first taste of eggnog
- read a good book
- make Baked Hot Chocolate
9 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes
¼ cup granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Arrange four 1-cup mugs or ramekins in a baking pan or roasting pan.
2. Melt chocolate and butter together in a double boiler set over barely simmering water. Whisk occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Stir the eggs and sugar together in a bowl, then set the bowl over simmering water. Stir until warm to touch.
4. Remove from heat. Using an electric mixer, beat egg mixture on medium speed until fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Gently fold egg mixture in the chocolate mixture.
5. Divide the batter evenly into the cups. Add enough very hot water to the baking pan to come halfway up the sides of the cups. Bake until the tops lose their glossy finish, 15-20 minutes. Carefully remove the cups from the pan.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature with marshmallows or whipped cream. Enjoy.
What’s your recipe for Black Friday?
Oh, and don’t forget to check my website http://www.beverleybateman.com
I’m giving away a book – Cardwell Ranch Trespasser by B.J. Daniels.