Multipublished and Best Selling Author L.A. Sartor began telling stories around the age of four when her mother, at L.A.'s insistence, wrote them down and L.A. illustrated them. As an adult she writes suspense and action adventure novels with a dash of romance, and screenplays—she's had a contracted adaptation! She lives in Colorado with her husband whom she met on a blind date. L.A. loves to travel and thinks life is an adventure and we should embrace the journey. She has a blog: www.anindieadventure.blogspot.com. She is also one of the Five Scribes at www.fivescribes.blogspot.com. She has two new books releasing in 2014. Please contact her at www.lasartor.com using the "contact me" page and sign up for her newsletter. All sorts of news and promotions comes out generally near the release of a new book, or promotion.
Five Secrets About Stone of Heaven
1) Stone Of Heaven (SOH) was first an award winning script, and Rhoades Rader's (Heavy Duty Entertainment) assistant--a woman--loved the story and the fact the adventurer was a woman, a twin no less. She insisted Rhoades read it, but alas, nothing more came from that. Maybe he'll take another look now that it's from a Best Selling Author…HEY RHOADES!!!!
2) The story was first going to be set in China, and finish in the Yucatan, but since it was a script, the cost of locations especially from an unknown writer, was way high, and made me rethink that. So I set in all in Mexico. And while Tori and Reid traverse the country, most of the shooting could be done in one spot. The magic of film.
3) When I decided to write the book, I realized all my characters had to have an internal narrative, and I was stuck for months. I had to get out of my screenwriting mode and get into writing a novel. That was amazingly hard. And then the research for setting. In screenwriting, you set a place, but add few details, don't have room for it. Completely the opposite in a book.
4) Why twins in the story? Honestly? You're the first to know this!! Because I thought it would add to the pitch worthiness of the script for an actress to play both parts. A recluse and an adventure junkie. Fun, opposite type roles.
5) VIKING GOLD, Book Two in the Carswell Adventure Series was going to be set in Bath England, but Reid's last comment in Stone of Heaven kept calling me, so Tori's twin, Abby, and Hermann, (you meet both in SOH) are the central characters in Viking Gold. Along with Reid, Tori and Alfred. This secret will be released in August J Go to http://lesliesartor.com/?page_id=214 to sign up for my newsletter and find out the moment it's available.
For the Adventurer and the Romantic in all of us.
STONE OF HEAVEN
Book One of the Carswell Adventure Series
The Recluse …Tori Carswell treasures her solitude and simple life. Her identical twin, Abby Carswell, is the polar opposite, seeking increasingly risky adventures. Now Abby has put herself in mortal danger, captive of an ancient Mayan cult. Her only hope? Woefully under-prepared Tori.
And the Treasure Hunter …Reid Hunter, good-natured and currently broke, aims to beat his ex-partner Abby to the fabled blue jade known as the Stone of Heaven. But when reclusive, aero-phobic Tori overcomes her fear of flying and tracks her sister to a well guarded tomb deep in the Yucatan rainforest, he realizes Abby is in serious trouble.Can Opposites Accomplish the Impossible?
Abby no longer trusts Reid. Can Tori risk doing so now, and join forces with him to save her sister? Or will Reid put riches before life and love?
To buy Stone of Heaven go to:
Amazon Paperback: http://amzn.to/13DFuW9
Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/12plghS
You can find Leslie at:
Facebook Profile: http://on.fb.me/NxXQPL
Thanks for checking out Leslie and her secrets. If you have any comments or questions, Leslie will be around to answer them today.