Saturday, December 30, 2017

Valerie Ullmer's M/M Christmas Novels

Valerie writes paranormal and contemporary romances with strong alpha males and brilliant, beautiful heroines. She lives in Denver, Colorado with her wonderfully supportive husband and their funny and wise black lab. She's addicted to coffee, crime shows, and reading and writing character driven romances.

BLURB for Unwrapped (A Unexpected Novella) (Contemporary M/M Romance)
 
                                                                   Friends to lovers.
Jack had done what he’d always done to protect himself.  He allowed fear to take over and as a result, he pushed Adam away.  When Adam finally left, Jack understood that if he loved Adam as much as he claimed, he needed to change before Adam could risk his heart again.
                                                                  Lovers to forever.

Adam understood why Jack kept his feelings secret, but after being ignored one too many times, he left.  But Jack won’t give up and when he proves to Adam how much he wants their relationship to work, can Adam risk his heart to the one man he’s loved all over again?
Will Jack and Adam find their happily-ever-after during the season of miracles?

Excerpt for Unwrapped (A Unexpected Novella)

Jack paused before he asked the question that could break him.
     “Do you…truly want out of our relationship?”
      He could hear Adam breathing on the other line and held his own as he waited for Adam to answer.  Jack understood entirely in that moment what he’d put Adam through over the past few months, probably the last few years.  He would completely understand if Adam didn’t want to continue being hurt.  Jack’s own feelings aside, he would accept Adam’s decision because if he felt he couldn’t continue with Jack, Jack would let him go and wish him all the happiness in the world.  Or he hoped he would.
     “No, but it hurts to be ignored.”
      Jack breathed a sigh of relief.  He needed to change or he would lose Adam.
     “I’m going to make it up to you.  I want to prove to you that I can change and by Christmas if you don’t believe that…then I’ll let you go.”
     “Is that what you want?”
     “No.  I can’t imagine loving anyone but you.  And while we’re apart, I’m going find a therapist to work on my issues.  There’s something holding me back from exactly who I want to be and be with, and I need help to find out what that is.”
     There was a choked sound on the other line before Adam grew silent.
     “I know I’m messed up and the last thing I wanted to do was to hurt you, but that’s exactly what I did.  I can’t get past my own mind, so I need some help.  This time, I won’t take you for granted.”
      “Are you afraid to admit your sexuality?”
      “I suppose I am.  Adam, although it looked as though I slept with a lot of women, there has only been a few.  Mainly it was camouflage.  But I felt like I found myself the first time I kissed you.  I knew then I was gay and that you are the only man I will ever want.”
       Adam sighed.  “You’re being surprisingly open about this.”
      “The moment I heard the door shut and I realized you left…  It was the worst moment of my life.  I could take seeing my father every day and listen to his bullshit, but I never want to feel what I felt when you left.  And knowing that I drove you to it makes it worse.  So much worse.”
      Jack took a deep breath and continued.  “I just hope you’ll take me back if I prove to you that I can change.”
      Holding his breath, he waited for Adam’s answer.  Everything lost meaning the moment Adam walked out the door and Jack needed confirmation that he had a chance.
     “Yes.”
      Jack breathed out and closed his eyes as the fist squeezing his heart for most of the morning, released its painful hold.
      “I know your busy Monday and Tuesday nights, but I wondered if I could bring you dinner on Wednesday after work and we could talk?”
      Adam answered immediately.  “I would like that.”
     Jack mentally arranged his to-do list and realized that Wednesday was three long days away.  “I’ll miss you.”
      “We could always call and text.  I won’t be too busy for you.”
       “Thanks for talking to me, even though I’m not sure I deserved it.  I’ll talk to you soon, okay?”
      “Yeah, I’ll miss you, too.  Talk to you soon, Jack.”
       “I love you, Adam.  And I’m sorry.”
       “I know, Jack.”
        Soon, they disconnected, and Jack felt empty.

Buy Links for Unwrapped
Amazon
Amazon UK
Amazon AU

Blurb for You for Christmas (Contemporary M/M Romance)

Hiding his feelings for his best friend has become second nature to Parker Hunt.  Throughout his years of friendship with Jonah Lee, he’d hoped for more, but he’d never been able to tell Jonah how he felt or what he wanted.  When Jonah’s plans fall through for holiday break, Parker is determined to spend their last Christmas together and this time, be brave enough to tell Jonah exactly how he feels.
Jonah Lee has always been in awe of his friend, Parker.  His energy, enthusiasm, and honesty had drawn Jonah to him from the first time they met.  And while he’s always been an open book with Jonah, lately, Parker had been holding something back.  On top of that, Jonah has realized that his feelings for Parker has grown and for the first time in his life, he’s curious about what Parker’s lips would feel like under his and what his definite male body would feel against his.
Will the holidays bring everything both men want, or will they let this opportunity pass them by?

Excerpt for You for Christmas (Contemporary M/M Romance)

Parker kept quiet, his body vibrating from Jonah’s voice and the assertive nature he rarely showed.  He’d managed to make Parker’s knees weak whenever he did.  Parker tried to breathe as desire for Jonah overwhelmed his senses, but he gave up a moment later when Jonah pulled him through the door of their cabin and slammed it behind them.  The click of the lock loud in the dark, quiet room.
    Parker had no idea what to say.  Jonah pressed him against the solid door behind him, pressing their chest together as Jonah’s hands opened over and then tightened on Parker’s waist, holding him still.
    “You are…mine.”
     Not expecting those words and the impact they had on his body, Parker whimpered.  “Yes.”
    Parker watched as he caught the desire as it flared in Jonah’s eyes.  A split second later, Jonah slanted his mouth and pressed their lips together and Parker had never felt such a feeling in his life.
    Parker let their first kiss consume him, loving the feel of Jonah’s soft lips against his.  When Jonah’s tongue swept inside, he tasted the mint and Jonah and Parker felt his legs go weak.  He ignored everything but the sensations Jonah drew from him, and he opened his mouth wider, letting Jonah devour him.
    Parker’s arms banded against Jonah’s lower back when Jonah pulled back slightly, nibbling on his lips but not moving away.  Jonah pressed their foreheads together and breathed heavily for several long minutes as they stared into each other’s eyes.  There was nothing Parker could say at that moment.  It was everything he dreamed it could be, but he had no idea what it meant to Jonah.
     “I’ve been so stupid.”
     Jonah’s voice was deeper than Parker had ever heard it, but his words registered and he stiffened.  Jonah regretted kissing Parker.  There was nothing worse than having reality come crashing down.  Searing pain slashed through Parker’s chest and he tried to untangle himself and his hold on Jonah.
     “No, Parker, I don’t regret the kiss.  I’m sorry that I couldn’t tell you sooner.  I want you, Parker, but it’s more than that.  I want to share everything with you, I want a relationship with you.”
 
Buy Links for Unwrapped

Smashwords:  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/767453
iBooks:  https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/you-for-christmas-a-m-m-short-story/id1326933459?mt=11
B&N:  https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/you-for-christmas-valerie-ullmer/1127684088?ean=2940154656389y

You can find Valerie at FACEBOOK ~ TWITTER ~ PINTEREST ~ INSTAGRAM ~ GOODREADS ~ AMAZON

1 comment: