Alexa Verde fell in love with writing at age eight when she penned her first poem. After publishing 200 short stories, poems, and articles in the five languages she speaks, Alexa has turned her creative passion to writing novels. Her 2014 debut inspirational romantic suspense, COLOR OF DANGER, is the first in her Secrets of Rios Azules series—set in a fictional small Texas town where rivers and emotions run deep and the richest family in town has a fine taste for food, jewelry, and murder. For news, recipes, giveaways, and more, please visit www.alexaverde.com.
Color of Danger
5 Things You Don't Know about Color of Danger
1. The heroine Mari Del Lobo is inspired by my soul-mate I met when I was seven. Just like Mari, she has a black belt in karate, raced motorcycles since she was fifteen, and used to be a rock-band singer. Really, how could I NOT make her a heroine of the book?
2. Color of Danger wasn't supposed to be the first book in the Secrets of Rios Azules Series. I wanted to start with the book about a reporter heroine investigating murders committed by the Smiling Killer. I've written most of that book.
3. The idea about a serial killer's sister heroine came to me when I was watching a show about a real life serial killer. Apparently, he seemed to genuinely care about his family. The people closest to him had no clue about who he really was. I wondered, how would it feel to find out that your brother is a murderer? And what would make that situation worse? And then worse again? It's interesting how the writer's mind works, isn't it?
4. I used to cook most of the dishes mentioned in the book (pie "Grafskiye Razvalini", salad "Olivier"). Now, like Mari, I don't even own a skillet.
5. Each book in the series features one of the childhood friends who grew up together in a small town of Rios Azules, TX. But I love traveling and want for my characters to travel more in the next book. Maybe to the places I've been to, like caverns in the heart of Texas, the Rhine river in Germany or a castle in Eastern Europe. Or maybe to the places I'd love to visit. Any destination is a fair game!
Blurb for Color of Danger:
Former runaway Mari Del Lobo works hard to save her struggling restaurant and to trust people again. Dallas surgeon Dr. Luke Goodman turns her world upside down with terrifying news. A recent murder has her late brother's - aka the Smiling Killer - signature and MO. When attacks on her escalate, Mari fights her growing attraction to the good doctor as fiercely as she fights for her life. To rescue herself and those she loves, will she be able to stop the murderer before he strikes again?
Luke couldn't save his fiancée from the Smiling Killer, but he'll do anything to prevent more murders, even ask help from the serial killer's sister. Finding a kindred tortured soul and the perpetrator's next target in Mari, Luke is determined to protect the stubborn ex-rebel. But Mari would rather face danger than risk the safety of the man she comes to love.
To buy COLOR OF DANGER go to:
You can find Alexa at these links: