Monday, April 7, 2014

BOOK REVIEW TUESDAY

Book reviews - I don't know how much you use them to choose a book or an author, but the first Tuesday if each month I'm going to review a couple of books. Hopefully you'll enjoy the reviews and you might find a new book to read or a new author to try.
My first book this Tuesday is
The Black Palmetto by Paul Carr

A great suspense with lots of twists and turns to keep you guessing as to motive as the body count rises. This adventure with Sam Mackenzie involves secret organizations, spies and missing money, as well as murder. Sam and Simone are both interesting individuals with unusual background and skills. If you like murder, suspense, and lot of well-written fight scenes this book's for you. I recommend it. It can be find on Amazon and other e-book stores.
 
The next book I reviewed is
Ascending Spiral by Dr. Bob Rich

This is a complex book spanning a period of 12,000years to the present through Pip’s eyes.
Pip travels through time as various souls, first descending downward into violence and cruelty and then climbing back up as he learns how to become a better man, one who can work to save humanity.
He needs to “...learn the lesson of forgiveness; heal hurt, and lead people from despair and helplessness to strength and Love...what it’s like to be without the pain of loving.”
It’s a plea to look at the world as it is and what we’re doing to it and to create a sustainable society.
It’s not your typical read or a specific genre as it touches on history, reincarnation, the paranormal, contemporary, and love.
The story is well written and it will grip you and keep you reading from one century and one chapter to the next. I highly recommend it and particularly liked the message at the end. It can also be found at Amazon and other e-book stores.



Comments?

Have you read a great book? Want to recommend it? Let me know. You can email me at beverley1@shaw.ca.

Back the first Tuesday in May with more reviews.

4 comments:

  1. Beverley, thank you for a great review of my book. Just to let your readers know, they can read the opening at http://bobswriting.com/ascending.html
    :)
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thanks for posting where readers can read the opening.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing the books. I am always looking for new reads. What kind of books do you enjoy reading?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit my first love is Romantic Suspense, which is what I write. But I also enjoy Women's Fiction, some Paranormal - love JAK. And I like to try different books like And The Mountains Echoed and Ascending Spiral, which are well-written and very different, often thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete