Monday, June 26, 2017

My Ongoing Saga


When I posted last week I was excited about the new website and new photo. My enthusiasm has dimmed a little.
I have just seen the photos, but not picked one yet. It’s been almost two weeks. and the photos look good but I can’t believe the waiting period. My last photo was taken by Studio 16 at a conference, many years ago.  I got four poses. Back then it was on a disk. I still have it. And I got the disk right away after the photos were taken. So I wasn’t expecting this long wait. My website is ready to go and we’re all waiting for a photo. I am hoping I'll have a photo by tomorrow and then my website can go live. 

Other than that I just finished doing a BIAW. I organize one every three months for about 35 – 40 people.  We get a lot of writing done.  I’m working on Death Southern Style, but I have another book I called The Foundation.
It’s a finished rough draft. The Foundation is a group of three women who recruit and train other women to rescue women in trouble or danger.  The beginning scene is a rescue of a woman from a prison in Afghanistan. The rest of the plot involves one of the trained women and her daughter who is involved with a serial killer. The team needs to save her.
I didn’t finish it because I was told Afghanistan was no longer relevant, and it sounded too much like Fern Michaels Sisterhood series. I really like this story, but I’m wondering if it sounds outdated.  Should I leave it tucked away?  Do any of you have any thoughts? I’d appreciate it.
Thursday we'll be talking about marketing with another guest author.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds exciting! I would finish it. Afghanistan is still relevant today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa. I appreciate the comment. (And I love the story)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely finish it and pardon me but can I join your writing group? I'ts been a long while since I had the pleasure and there's so much to learn in a group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charmaine. It's not really a writing group. It's a bunch of us online, three or four times a year we spend a week writing every day (hopefully). We each set our own goals, we write and to be accountable - we send our word count each day to me. I send out each person's total word count at the end of the week.

      Delete
  4. I don't know who said that to you, but if you love the story, then finish it. As for photo, it will come and I can't wait to see it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki. And the photo has arrived. I'm waiting to have it posted on my website - watch for the great unveiling.

      Delete
  5. When you have an interest on the residency facet then you may get things worn out there. this site and look at this web site wherever we tend to do the non-public statement writing service at anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The school and university is there to show you the higher things. you'll learn immeasurable from here and its terribly useful. see this and browse around this web site and acquire the correct author for your personal statement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing such knowledgeable data. psychological science build things less difficult for our leading approach of life. http://www.ghostwritinghelp.com/academic-ghostwriting-services/ and apprehend things regarding the aboard study site.

    ReplyDelete