Monday, June 19, 2017

Beverley Updates Her Life


I thought I’d update some of the things I’m up to.
I said I was going to get a new website and a new photo. After much dragging of feet and grimacing, I found a web designer that didn’t break the bank and appears to be good. The site is ready to go live, but I don’t have the photo – yet. I’ll talk about that in a minute.

So the website showcases my books and has a social media page. It imports things from twitter and Facebook.  All the pictures are very old – some 4 years old. When I questioned it I learned that I didn’t use Facebook very much (which I knew) and if I didn’t use it I was left with 4 year old pictures and posts. So I guess I need to update my Facebook every little while. I’ll be working on that.
The website is also hooked up to my blog. Hopefully I can figure that out.
I’ll let people know as soon as the website is live, probably later this week. I’d love to hear what you think of it.

And the photo –ah yes - I’m living in a small town so I’m trying to find a photographer.  Wedding pictures, baby pictures and grad pictures seem to be the focus. Then I realized I needed digital photographer, which made it more challenging.  I finally found someone who said they did digital and sent me the measurements (a minimum of 300 dpi) which I sent to the web people and they said it would work.  It turns out the photographer is an in-house photographer at Couture Fashion Week in NY, has photographed people like Dr. Phil, William Shatner and Danny Glover.  Who knew? She had me change tops three times, took a lot of pictures and was a fun person. Her husband is also a writer, so I don’t think I could have picked anyone better. And you’ll see the new me once I get the photos and make a pick and when the web goes live.

I’ve also done a little advertising for my newest book, By Design –which is the first time I’ve done that. And I’m starting back working on Death Southern style. I’m also blogging on Lois Winston’s site June 28, at http://anastasiapollack.blogspot.ca/ . Drop by and say ‘hi’.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you found a wonderful person for the photo. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa. I'm still waiting for the proofs. We'll see what she can do with the subject. :)

      Delete
  2. Good for you, an adventure and excitement. Best of luck. Smile pretty for the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Charmaine. I smiled, twisted, turned, stuck chin out, and down, etc. :) We'll see how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had such a lovely time getting to know this fabulous writer! ... Her images are being chosen as we speak, and will be revealed very soon!
    I look forward to following her continuing journey!
    Joan Bateman
    Gainsboro Photography Studio
    https://www.facebook.com/GainsboroStudio

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great! Thanks for sharing! I hope you may provide North American country additional some useful and knowledgeable writing like this. I simply love this web site http://www.shouldlooklike.com/101-guide-on-how-your-resume-should-look-like-in-2017/ that facilitate to try to to your own job on the opposite hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sound is look good! the standard writing is admittedly connected to everyplace with helpful tips like your journal. homepage and realize a lot of info that may be particular for the scholars.

    ReplyDelete