StatCounter

Monday, June 26, 2017

My Ongoing Saga


When I posted last week I was excited about the new website and new photo. My enthusiasm has dimmed a little.
I have just seen the photos, but not picked one yet. It’s been almost two weeks. and the photos look good but I can’t believe the waiting period. My last photo was taken by Studio 16 at a conference, many years ago.  I got four poses. Back then it was on a disk. I still have it. And I got the disk right away after the photos were taken. So I wasn’t expecting this long wait. My website is ready to go and we’re all waiting for a photo. I am hoping I'll have a photo by tomorrow and then my website can go live. 

Other than that I just finished doing a BIAW. I organize one every three months for about 35 – 40 people.  We get a lot of writing done.  I’m working on Death Southern Style, but I have another book I called The Foundation.
It’s a finished rough draft. The Foundation is a group of three women who recruit and train other women to rescue women in trouble or danger.  The beginning scene is a rescue of a woman from a prison in Afghanistan. The rest of the plot involves one of the trained women and her daughter who is involved with a serial killer. The team needs to save her.
I didn’t finish it because I was told Afghanistan was no longer relevant, and it sounded too much like Fern Michaels Sisterhood series. I really like this story, but I’m wondering if it sounds outdated.  Should I leave it tucked away?  Do any of you have any thoughts? I’d appreciate it.
Thursday we'll be talking about marketing with another guest author.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds exciting! I would finish it. Afghanistan is still relevant today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa. I appreciate the comment. (And I love the story)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely finish it and pardon me but can I join your writing group? I'ts been a long while since I had the pleasure and there's so much to learn in a group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charmaine. It's not really a writing group. It's a bunch of us online, three or four times a year we spend a week writing every day (hopefully). We each set our own goals, we write and to be accountable - we send our word count each day to me. I send out each person's total word count at the end of the week.

      Delete
  4. I don't know who said that to you, but if you love the story, then finish it. As for photo, it will come and I can't wait to see it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki. And the photo has arrived. I'm waiting to have it posted on my website - watch for the great unveiling.

      Delete