Rita grew up running the beaches of a barrier island on Florida’s east coast. An island brat, she spent more time climbing weathered oaks and chasing alligators than playing with the dolls her family gave her. She married a Marine and feels fortunate to have lived many places and traveled to the states and countries she didn’t live. Leaving government service she moved back to that barrier island where she writes about Extraordinary Women weaving her experiences into her story telling. Her heroes and heroines are either in the military or government service because she writes what she knows. Her father was in the Coast Guard and immediate family members served in every branch of the service as desk jockeys, grunts, pilots and everything in between. She’s experienced the highs and lows of military and government life and is grateful for each experience.
Rita reads or listens to two to three books a week. She has no favorite genre or author she just loves a good story.
Point of No Return
Five Things About — Point of No Return
1. There is a reference to the area of Florida where I live. The island and area of the beach I live on. In fact in each of my books there is.
2. The editor for my first book thought my helo flight scenes were so real she asked if I was a helo pilot. Nope. In fact I don’t like them at all. I researched incessantly. I gave this, eh, dislike to the heroine in Point of No Return. A military office who, was required to be in one quite often.
3. In Point of No Return the heroine has no problem duking it out with the bad guys. I study fight scenes and vids of martial arts competitions to get the sounds and moves of my characters correct. Should you ever need to know, in body contact fights, women make different sounds then men.
4. All of my heroines partake in one of my favorite foods or drink. In Point of No return its peanut butter smeared on a thick slice of deli bologna, rolled up and eaten with a pickle. She also has a love of good whiskey.
5. In each of my books, there is a phrase or saying someone in my familysays, all the time, until you want to bop them. Plus, there are things that
small children have said and done. Can you pick them out?
Point of No Return, is a thriller filled with romance and political intrigue.
Marine Major Honey Thornton and a contract spy, Jack O'Brien, investigate recent kidnappings of military children and the mysterious deaths of Jacks brother and sister-in-law. As they navigate the murky political waters of the Pentagon, the CIA, and private armies, it’s hard to know who’s lying to your face, who stands with you, and who’ll stab you in the back. In the end, the only thing you can trust is what you know in your heart.
Point of No Return can be found where ever fine ebooks are sold.Amazon http://amzn.com/B00IO262K8
You can find Rita on her web page http://www.ritahenuber.com/And on Facebook page athttps://www.facebook.com/RitaHenuberAuthor?ref=hl
Thanks for checking out Rita and her secrets. If you have any comments or questions, Rita will be around to answer them today.