Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Lorelei Confer and her Latest Novel

     Lorelei Confer lives on a peninsula in the mid-west coast of Florida with her high school sweetheart, now husband, and AJ, her long haired Chihuahua.
     In the fourth grade, she wrote her first story—something about getting a shot at the doctors—that was produced by the teacher for parents and students in an assembly. When she was older, she spilled her guts in a journal every night and wrote long newsy love letters to Viet Nam.
     She is a multi-published author of romantic suspense with two series: The Deadly series and the Saddle Creek series. She also has written numerous novellas and short stories. She loves to hear from her readers so if you want to stay “in the know” visit her website, sign up for her newsletters and contact her.
Lorelei Confer adds a new voice to anthology, Romances on the Range, where a horse breeder meets a sexy baker who discovers a cowboy’s sweet spot.

Beverley: Which genre or genres do you write or prefer to write? And why?
Lorelei: I write romantic suspense. I started writing in the fourth grade and then diaries and journals about real life, glum as it was in rural PA. Then I grew up and wrote about feelings and emotions and what if something terrible happened. A few years ago, I tried writing plain contemporary romance but got stuck about five short chapters in; I added suspense and the Saddle Creek series was started.
Beverley: Who influenced you the most in deciding to become a writer? 
Lorelei: My fourth grade teacher, my seventh grade teacher, my eleventh gr….mostly teachers. It’s what I excelled in. And also it was a way to get my angst about adulting, men, war, etc. out and on paper.
Beverley: What gets your creative juices flowing?
Lorelei: Thinking about my current wip. Currently, I’m working on the 5th book in the Saddle Creek series; the Sheriff’s story. I started writing it in pieces while writing the other four stories in the series but when I sat down to write, I’m a pantster, (writing by the seat of my pants) the story took and an entirely different direction.
Beverley: Do you have a favorite cartoon character? Why?
Lorelei: I’ve always loved the west and “shoot ‘em up cowboys.” My brother and I, as children, would play Roy Rogers and Dale Evans. And then I remember Mighty Mouse (really dating myself here) he always swooped in and saved the day.
Beverley: Who would you love most to meet 'in person' and why?
Lorelei: I love Sam Elliott; such a handsome and versatile actor but I think I’d like to Talk to Tom Sellick. I’ve admired his long-term marriage and family-comes- first attitude.
Beverley: If you had an unexpected free day what would you do with it?
Lorelei: Read and anp, much like Easter day. Lol
Beverley: What are you working on now? 
Lorelei: I have five releases this year: two in the Deadly series: Deadly Homecoming and Deadly Gamble, two in the Saddle Creek series: Moonlight Kisses and MugShots and A Christmas Romance and then I have a short story, a spin off from the Saddle Creek series, A Cowboy’s Sweet Spot, is a part of the Romances on the Range.


The two Deadly releases are available now at Amazon for $.99 and Fr$$ for KU. A Cowboy’s Sweet Spot is a part of the Romances on the Range, also $.99 at Amazon, and debuts April 14th with a huge Facebook release party 1pm-1pm. You’ll meet authors like Desiree Holt, Nicole Morgan, Krista Ames, Amber Daulton, and many more. They’re be games, contests, prizes and lots of fun.
Here’s the link to the party: https://www.facebook.com/events/642236899940404/
Moonlight Kisses and MugShots is the Sheriff’s story in the Saddle Creek series and plans to debut mid-August.

And then there’s the second Christmas story in the Saddle Creek Christmas Romance, where all the characters from the series share a special Christmas together and each couple learns the true meaning of Christmas.

I’m also working on another Deadly book, Deadly Intuition, but I’m still in the research process for that one.

I definitely have my work cut out for me, not just the writing and the editing but also the promo. It seems to take more and more time with each new release.

Blurb for A Cowboy’s Sweet Spot
Janelle Franklin arrives in Saddle Creek, WY for a relaxing visit with her childhood friend and new mother. She also wants to fine-tune a secret passion, baking. But when she meets ranch manager, Carter Weaver, passion takes on a whole new meaning.

Carter excels at horse breeding but has a dark past that haunts him. When he meets Janelle, a woman he‘s comfortable with, sparks fly. But his past thwarts their future together and after a heated debate, Janelle leaves without a word taking his heart with her.

When she calls him out of the blue, he rushes to meet her. But will she accept him with his past? Or will they both have to sacrifice a loveless future?

Buy Links for A Cowboy’s Sweet Spot
Amazon Buy Link: https://amzn.to/2V5rQyt

Social Media for Lorelei
Get to know Lorelei Confer better by signing up for her email newsletter at the following link: https://bit.ly/2UZyQe1

1 comment:

  1. Hi everyone! Thank you Beverley for having me here today and letting me share my writing career. I love Ask Me Anything day so let's do that today. I shared quite a bit with Beverley but I have to tell you, a few weeks ago someone asked me about my first date with my husband of 50 years. Yes, I know, I'm old. We were married in between his two tours in Viet Nam; it was very hard way to start a marriage. Remembering still evokes so many memories that I had to release, so I've written most of them in my books. I'm always looking for names for my characters so you'd like me to use your name in one of my books, please let me know. I'll make sure to acknowledge you in the book. SO, let's get this going. Ask me anything, and I'll tell you no lies. Lorelei

    ReplyDelete