Wednesday, July 9, 2014

5 SECRETS (What No One Knows About My Book)


Our guest author today is Gemma Juliana, who is going to share some tidbits about the writing of her book that no one knows--until today.
 
 
GEMMA JULIANA is a multi-published author who lives in an enchanted cottage in north Texas with her handsome hero, brave teen son and a comical dog who is really a human in disguise. She loves making new friends and hearing from readers. Exotic coffee and chocolate fuel her creativity. She writes romance, mystery and suspense with a splash of the paranormal. You’ll find alpha heroes in the Sheikhs of the Golden Triangle series and modern heroes in To Kiss A Leprechaun and Autumn Masquerade. More books coming soon.
 
AUTUMN MASQUERADE
 
Here we are in the depths of summer, and I’m talking about something that may bring a cool breeze to pass by. I love the mysterious, witchy side of Halloween but not the more gruesome aspect that is so popular nowadays. Let me share with you some of the secrets surrounding Autumn Masquerade as I pondered what sort of Halloween story to write last year.
1.The veil between this world and the Otherworld is much thinner than most people realize. I love writing stories about communication between lovers who have been parted by death. There’s a different twist in this story, because the deceased wife wants to let her husband know it’s time for him to allow himself to love again. She chooses the messenger – who also happens to be the right woman for him.
2.This story draws on real life in many ways. I have many psychic friends just like Anna Spencer, and have always found it sad how so many of them hide their gifts in the day-to-day work place. They fear they will not be taken seriously, or worse. Some of them live double lives, offering private
consultations in their spare time, but always worry that someday somebody
attached to their jobs will find out.
3.I had just returned from my first trip to San Francisco, and fell in love with the city. I knew I had to set the story there – it’s got to be one of the most romantic cities in the USA!
4.Shortly after my first book was released in early 2013, a fellow author gifted me with a pretty golden masque. In the moment I opened the package and saw the ornate masque, I knew I would write some sort of masquerade novella. It turned out to be Autumn Masquerade.
5.Richard Bentley, the sexy hotel billionaire who is Anna’s boss, has been attracted to Anna since he first met her. Back then his wife was still alive, and he was not a cheating sort of man – just a hot blooded connoisseur of beautiful women. When his wife – with whom he was very much in love – died suddenly and unexpectedly, he struggled with his attraction to Anna. He wanted her much sooner than he allowed himself to finally pursue her.
6.Due to popular demand and many reader requests, there will be a second novella in this series. Readers love this magical romance and have asked me to expand on the story. The next novella will follow Anna and Richard on some of their travels to romantic destinations on hotel business as their romance takes off and they plan to wed.
And a final, unnumbered secret – the author’s hair is just as red as Anna’s hair on the book cover!

 
Blurb from Autumn Masquerade
 
To Buy Autumn Masquerade go to
You can find Gemma on her website at http://gemmajuliana.com/

Thanks for checking out Gemma and her secrets. If you have any comments or questions, Gemma will be around to answer them today. And don’t forget
to check back next Thursday to find out even more author secrets about
their book. 
Thanks for checking out Gemma and her secrets. If you have any comments or questions, Gemma will be around to answer them today. And don’t forget
to check back next Thursday to find out even more author secrets about
their book. 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful cover and I love the story idea. How great that his wife is helping him move on.

    My daughter does tarot readings and such yet feels the need to keep that separate just in case. I know many people look down on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story sounds intriguing. It's great to learn the secrets behind the book and how the story came about. San Francisco is my favorite city, and I agree that it has to be one of the most romantic.

    ReplyDelete