Monday, September 27, 2021

Interview with Sara R. Stewart

        Beverley: Which genre or genres do you write or prefer to write? And why?

Sara: I write Steamy Contemporary Romance/Erotic Romance. I read what I write, so I know the beats and the expectations of readers intimately and you write what you know. As a member of the BDSM community I write about couples where BDSM is often a factor in their relationship. Sometimes a big factor and sometimes a small factor.

Beverley: Who influenced you the most in deciding to become a writer?

Sara: I’ve wanted to write romance novels since I was twelve years old and first stayed up all night trying to write a vampire romance novel. Meghan March, Penny Reid and Mariana Zapata are the authors that have influenced me the most. These three authors all write a different type of female main character and are self-published. The characters are smart, they often break out of the constraints traditional publishers put on the female lead in a romance and because each of them is highly successful at selling their books I became aware of an audience for romances novels I wanted to read and write.

Beverley: What gets your creative juices flowing?

Sara: Everything. I could sit down and write anytime. I have yet to experience a lack of ideas (however I’ve only been writing seriously for the last two years). My issue is sticking with the book and series I’m currently working on. I am constantly having new ideas and day dreaming about new stories.

Beverley: Do you have a favorite cartoon character? Why?

Sara: No, not really. But I have a favorite fictional TV character and that is Anyanka or Anya in Buffy the Vampire Slayer (not the movie version). I love the story arch throughout the series and the characters and I identify with a character who speaks their mind and is often socially inappropriate or rude without meaning to be.

Beverley: Who would you love most to meet 'in person' and why?

Sara: Mariana Zapata, Penny Reid or Meghan March. They are my favorite authors and I would love to pick their brains.

Beverley: If you had an unexpected free day what would you do with it?

Sara: Read of Course, or write, or paint, or knit. Basically anything creative that I can do completely alone. 😊

Beverley: What are you working on now?

Sara: I am writing book 4 of my Portland Lovers Series and the working title is Training his Heart. This book is not at all what I expected it would be and it seems to have a life of its own like most of my books. I am a pantser and never know what I’ll end up writing until after I’ve sat down and put words on the page. My characters personalities come to life and they tell me what they will do next, I’m just responsible for getting it down.

     Character Interview

Beverley: What’s your name?

Cordelia: Cordelia Delila McAdams but I go by Delia.

Beverley: Where did you grow up?

Cordelia: Santa Cruz, CA. I live in Portland, OR now.

Beverley: During what time period does your story take place?

Cordelia: Current time period (no pandemic in my stories)

Beverley: What’s your story/back story? Why would someone come up with a story about you?

Cordelia: I grew up with surfer bums for parents in a dilapidated beach shack. My parents were free spirits and spent most of their time trying to figure out where their next beer or pot was coming from. I was left to my own devices and thankfully had a neighbor with a houseful of kids that often fed me and passed to me used clothing. I was often forgotten or neglected and sometimes hungry.

Beverley: What’s your goal in this story?

Cordelia: To move up in my career, get ahead and be independently and financially stable.

Beverley: What conflicts are you facing?

Cordelia: My company was just purchase by a Venture Capital Group and the new Chair of the Board promoted me in a company filled with mostly white-male leaders. I need to prove myself to my peers and employees that I belong in this role. I need to prove to my boss that he made the right decision. Did I mention that my new boss is the most attractive man I’ve ever seen and well there is obvious sexual tension that I have to contend with as well?

Beverley: Do you have a plan for resolving them?

Cordelia: Ignore the sexual tension, focus on work. Like always work is my first priority.

Beverley: Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?

Cordelia: I may have some self confidence issues that I work really hard to disguise and makes me feel like I always have to work more and better than everyone else to prove myself because I’m not sure I’m good enough.

Blurb for Bound by Pride

Business acquisition or BDSM takeover? Working in a male-dominated industry, Delia knows three things; she can sell anything, the only person she can count on is herself, and men are not to be trusted.

John sees, acquires, and transforms companies. His legendary focus and control have made him rich while his ability to recognize and nurture talent routinely guarantees success. Promoting Delia based on merit is the right thing to do, even if he’d prefer her bound and kneeling at his feet.

After finally being recognized for her hard work and effort, Delia wonders if this new boss is different from the men she’s known. Will these two end up in a mutually beneficial merger, or are they looking at a hostile takeover?

Excerpt from Bound by Pride, book 3 in the Portland Lovers Series

     Walking into my office, I’m instantly pissed because some asshat is sitting at my desk using my space as if it were his own. He doesn’t notice me walk in as he has his back to me, and is wearing a headset, talking on the phone. Although I cannot see his face, I cannot help but notice his physique. The man is huge, with thick arms and a broad, muscular back. Noticing that he is on what sounds like a cold call, I decide to stand there and wait for him to finish. I listen in to how he approaches the conversation and the ask for more time to talk about our products. As he says goodbye and signs off the call, I clear my throat to get his attention.

“Oh, hello. You must be Ms. McAdams,” says the behemoth of a man as he strides from behind my desk to greet me. He is easily the most attractive man I have ever seen, and for an instant, it stuns me silent and makes my girly bits take notice. Shaking it off, I respond with a bit of my irritation coming through.

“And who the hell are you? Why are you in my office?” I ask. Might as well establish right up front I’m not taking his crap, and I’m no pushover. I wish he had stayed seated; as I must tip my head back, way back to look him in the eyes, he is so tall.

“I’m John Gulbrandson, your newest Sales Manager. It is nice to meet you, Ms. McAdams,” he says with his hand outstretched to shake mine. I begrudgingly shake his hand and get a jolt of electric attraction shoot up my arm. His smile is too sexy and his eyes are an intense blue that I feel like could get lost in. Not liking my reaction to him at all, I walk around him to put my bag on my desk and sit down in my chair.

“John, as I’ve just returned from a two-week vacation, I have a few things to do to get caught up this morning. Find another place to work until our meeting at nine; we can catch up then.”

“Sounds good boss. I’ll look forward to my meeting with you after you’ve settled in. Have a nice morning, and let me know if you need anything. I’m at your disposal,” says John with a wink as he strides out of my office. Did he just flirt with me?

It is hard not to notice his nicely sculpted ass as he walks from my office, and I shake my head to get it out of the gutter. What an annoying and distracting man. Did he think his smile and wink would appease me after he took over my office? Why the hell did he think it would be okay to set up camp in here while I was out anyway? I’ll bet one of my team put him in here as an attempt at hazing, knowing how annoyed I’d be arriving to find someone making themselves at home in my office.

Buy Links for Bound by Pride

https://linktr.ee/Sara_R_Stewart

Social Media Links

https://linktr.ee/Sara_R_Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment