Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Katy Eeten and her Christmas Release

 

Katy Eeten is married to a Pastor and is the mom of two boys, ages 12 and 9. She lives with her family in southeast Wisconsin, despite her dislike for cold weather. She works full time in corporate America, but her true passion is writing.

In addition to First Class Christmas, she has three other Christian Romances available on Amazon. When she’s not working or writing, she can be found taking walks or bike rides with her kids, baking goodies, playing the piano, or spending time with her family.

2020 Character Interview

Beverley: What’s your name?

Mandy: Mandy Brockman

Beverley: Where did you grow up?

Mandy: I grew up in Wyoming, but I moved to Minneapolis for college and never looked back.

Beverley: During what time period does your story take place?

Mandy: It’s a contemporary tale—but pre-COVID. After all, I flew on a plane with no mask, lol.

Beverley: What’s your story/back story? Why would someone come up with a story about you?

Mandy: I am passionate about my work and put my all into relationships. But my ex-boyfriend dumped me three stinkin’ weeks before my best friend’s destination wedding. Thankfully, a last-minute seat change put me next to CJ—a guy who’s a whole lot sweeter than my ex. But CJ doesn’t seem too convinced that I’m over Kevin. And I’m sure he’d much rather be with someone who is sold out for God like he seems to be. I mean, I can’t even reconcile an old beef with my folks. How could I ever make a relationship work with someone as mature and kind as CJ?

Beverley: What’s your goal in this story?

Mandy: My goal is to feel whole again. The breakup with Kevin was rough, and I’m reminded of how crummy I treated my parents back when I was in college. For some reason, I’ve been running on empty lately, and I just want to remember who I am again and figure out what brings me joy. 

Beverley: What conflicts are you facing?

Mandy: My ex boyfriend seems to keep showing up at the most inconvenient times. And my bitterness towards my parents for more or less convincing me to exchange my dream of being on stage for the more practical pursuit of business still simmers in the background of my heart. Then, I finally meet a super great guy, and I’m not sure I can put aside my unsettled feelings about my ex cheating on me. All in all, it’s not shaping up to be the merriest of Christmases.

Beverley: Do you have a plan for resolving them?

Mandy: I really have no desire to see my ex again. I know I need to call my parents and close those old wounds, but it’s hard to swallow my pride. As for CJ… well, I could choose to open up my heart to what could be. He does seem to be set on helping me find some joy this Christmas. Maybe it’s worth the risk? 

Beverley: Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?

Mandy: I love music, especially Christmas music. And I don’t do well with turbulence. Nothing a handsome stranger’s caring attention can’t quell though 😊

Blurb for First Class Christmas:

When Mandy Brockman flies home from her friend's destination wedding, her heart is on empty at the thought of spending Christmas alone. It doesn't help that her ex is on the plane, seemingly unaffected by their breakup. But the kind-hearted man seated next to her seems to have it all together—and he's handsome to boot. She knows her emotional healing won't come in the form of another guy, but will the source of this man's peace and joy help Mandy find the Christmas she's looking for?
CJ Hawkins is captivated by the beautiful, feisty woman he meets on his flight. The only thing is, she's fresh out of a relationship, and he has no interest in being anyone's rebound. But the more he learns about Mandy, the more he's drawn to her unique mixture of compassion and spunk.

Can he figure out how to make their relationship take off before this First Class Christmas is grounded forever?

Excerpt from First Class Christmas:

Once the bill was squared away, they stood to leave, retrieving their coats from the coat check on the way out. The thought of leaving CJ only to return to her lonely apartment brought the same sense of emptiness they’d been talking about earlier. She tried to shake it off. Out in the parking lot, he walked her to her car.

“I’d love to see you again, but I have plans tonight. Although…” his voice trailed off.

Mandy narrowed her eyes. What wasn’t he saying? “Although…?”

A small smile crept to his face. “You should totally come with.”

She was intrigued. “Where to?” They arrived at her car, and she turned to face him with her back against the driver’s side back door.

He waggled his eyebrows. “To fill that emptiness in your heart.”

She tilted her head, giving him a dubious look. “What makes you so sure?”

CJ placed one hand on the car behind her on her left, and then another on her right, pinning her in place between his arms. Their bodies were only inches away from each other. “Do you trust me?” She could hear the smile in his voice.

Taking a deep breath, Mandy kept her gaze on CJ’s. The truth was, she did. But that fact scared her a little. She pressed her lips together before responding. “Yes.”

He gave a flirty lift to his eyebrows. “Good.”

Buy Links for First Class Christmas:

Amazon = https://www.amazon.com/First-Class-Christmas-Holiday-Extravaganza-ebook/dp/B08KSJHMW4

B&N = https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/first-class-christmas-katy-eeten/1137850777?ean=9781522303251

Social Media for Katy Eeten:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KatyEeten/

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/KatyEeten

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/KatyEeten/

Website: https://katyeeten.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment