Thursday, October 8, 2020

J L Regen and her new Contemporary Romance

 

J.L. Regen’s book was inspired by a real-life story of lovers who join hearts against many odds. She lives in the New York metropolitan area, is a published photojournalist, has short suspense stories online, and has taught English as a Second Language to students around the globe. This is her first contemporary romance. She has also published three nonfiction books and is crafting a psychological suspense.

Character Interview

Beverley: What’s your name?

Margo: Margo Simmons

Beverley: Where did you grow up?

Margo: I grew up in Upper Manhattan

Beverley: During what time period does your story take place?

Margo: It is contemporary

Beverley: What’s your story/back story? Why would someone come up with a story about you?

Margo: I live with my mother, whom I love very much and my stepfather who is verbally abusive to both of us. My story is not finished. I want to teach and travel and meet someone who I can love and who loves me. I know it sounds old fashioned, but I want the forever kind of love.

Beverley: What’s your goal in this story?

Margo: My goal is to get a place of my own, find my niche in the teaching world, and have a personal life

Beverley: What conflicts are you facing?

Margo: I face a mean stepfather who is using me and my mother as a meal ticket and the love of my life, Edward, can't let go of the memories of his first wife who died of cancer. 

Beverley: Do you have a plan for resolving them?

Margo: To resolve my problem, I need to take a job to find my own place and seek counseling with Edward.

Beverley: Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?

Margo: I cry at the site of an animal in a shelter, I love lavender perfume, I want to be a better photographer, and have a child of my own someday. I'm sentimental. A rose or a card for a special occasion means a lot to me.


BOOK BLURB for Secret Desires:

Nothing in Margo Simmons’s life comes easy. She can’t claim
the inheritance on a condo apartment her uncle has left to her until she is gainfully employed in a job for a year. She meets the man of her dreams but anguishes over a loving relationship because he is still emotionally tied to his deceased wife. With great difficulty, she becomes the guardian to a recently orphaned child she had been tutoring.  

Margo evolves from an insecure, newbie elementary teacher into a woman determined to fulfill the secret desires locked in her heart. My story speaks to anyone who has suffered a loss and had to start over.

Buy Links for Secret Desires: Barnes and Noble  https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/secret-desires-j-l-regen/1125516296?ean=9780998409900 

and Amazon https://www.amazon.ca/Secret-Desires-J-L-Regen-ebook/dp/B01N137HX5/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=jl+regen&qid=1600047753&s=books&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment