Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Cynthia Terelst and her New Release


She lives in Queensland, Australia, where the sun shines at least 283 days a year.

2020 Character Interview
Beverley: What’s your name?
Shepherd: Shepherd Bell III
Beverley: During what time period does your story take place?
Shepherd: My story takes place in the current time.
Beverley: What’s your story/back story?
Shepherd: My mum passed away when I was young. I was brought up by my dad and our housekeeper, Maria. I live a privileged life; my family comes from money. I always wanted to do something good with my life and when I met Evie, I started to believe I could do that. Then she left, without warning, and my life fell apart.
Beverley: What’s your goal in this story?
Shepherd: My goal is to win Evie back. We have been apart for five years and I miss her. My life feels empty without her. I created a million-dollar scavenger hunt because I know how much she loves scavenger hunts. I thought there was no way she would miss the opportunity. Beverley: What conflicts are you facing?
Shepherd: Well, when I created the scavenger hunt my only thought was being able to spend time with Evie and have her fall in love with me again. I didn’t realise that she would have plans for the winnings. Now, I have to come up with three million dollars while trying to build a relationship with her. My best friend Sammy will tell you I didn’t think this through very well.
Beverley: Do you have a plan for resolving them?
Shepherd: I hope I can raise the money by asking for donations from rich people I know. In regards to winning Evie back, I just plan to be myself and for her to see how we are meant to be together.                                                                                                         Beverley: Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?
Shepherd: I know that making up a scavenger hunt sounds a bit extreme, but I really did think it was a great idea at the time. I didn’t do it just because Evie was the one who got away, I truly do love her.

Blurb for Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

Will one of the treasures they find be each other's heart?

It’s been five years since Tara walked out of Shepherd’s life without a word. Since then he’s spiralled through drugs, alcohol and empty relationships, with Tara on his mind the whole time. Now he wants to win her back, and what better way to do it than by creating a fake scavenger hunt? He knows she won’t be able to resist.

Tara’s lost enough loved ones and she didn’t want to see Shepherd added to that count. So, when she saw him high at graduation, she did the only thing she could – she walked away. When she’s teamed up with him for a million dollar scavenger hunt, the feelings reignite. For a second chance at love to work, she needs to be brave enough to open up to him, to tell him everything she withheld the first time around.

Shepherd didn’t realise how much winning would mean to Tara. He now needs to come up with $3 million for her foundation before the hunt is over. If he can’t he will need to tell her its all fake, and he doesn’t know if he can risk that.


Will secrets destroy them a second time around?
 

Excerpt from Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

Tara
Shepherd and I sat on the couch side by side and watched The Martian while we ate dinner. The warmth from where our arms touched seeped through me. I should have moved away, but I didn’t want to. The spices from the tacos radiated off him. What would they taste like when mixed with the sweetness of him? My eyes were drawn to his lips, the curve of them. I could practically feel their softness.
Shepherd turned his face to mine. My eyes lingered for a moment as I imagined his soft breath brushing my face as he bent his head toward me. My breathing shallowed to the point that it was nearly non-existent, as if I were a starfish. I turned my face away and resumed watching the movie, making sure my hands kept to themselves and my thoughts remained on the man saving his own life on the screen. Matt Damon may have been the most attractive astronaut I’d ever seen, but he was nothing compared to Shepherd.
The movie ended and I sat there while the credits rolled. Our closeness suddenly made me feel like we were in a flux capacitor. Time—five years of it—had been starved, and now it was swallowing me whole. Everything about Shepherd felt like home. Everything. And if I allowed it to, this feeling wouldn’t just swallow me, it would become me.
I jerked away from him, my heart racing, my skin cold, while I broke into a sweat. I couldn’t allow this to happen. Shepherd was no longer my solace. He never truly was because he never knew my grief. My grief over my brother. The feelings of loss at my parent’s death.
No, Shepherd was not my solace. Not then. Not now.

Buy Link for Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

Social Media Links For Cynthia Terelst
Facebook For the Love of Words FB Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/572605370313807/

No comments:

Post a Comment