Friday, February 8, 2019

SuperFoods for 2019


 
My guest didn’t show up. I’ve been talking about the Food Guide and the top three diets or lifestyle eating, so I thought I’d continue in that theme this month. Today I’m going to talk about SuperFoods. You know, those ones they tell you they think are good for your health ad you should be eating. They are mostly plant-based but may also include some fish and diary. They are thought to be nutritionally dense good for one's health.
Remember Kale? In 2018 it was the number one superfood. This year it didn’t even make the top ten. 😊 This year’s number one superfood is sauerkraut (or kimchi), any fermented food. Fermentation is in and you can buy fermentation kits and ferment your own veges. I did read that if you do, don’t use vinegar, just water.
So, what’s on the top ten list of superfoods for 2019? Here you go.

1. Fermented foods, like yogurt, kefir, kombucha, sauerkraut, tempeh, kimchi and miso
2. Avocado
3. Seeds
4. Ancient grains
5. Exotic fruit, like acai and golden berries   (Hmmm…)
6. Blueberries
7. Beets
8. Nuts
9. Coconut products
10. Non-dairy milks

I’d love to hear your thoughts on superfoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment