Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Check Out Kim McMahill and her New Release

Kim McMahill grew up in Wyoming which is where she developed her sense of adventure and love of the outdoors. She started out writing non-fiction, but her passion for exotic world travel, outrageous adventures, stories of survival, and happily-ever-after endings soon drew her into a world of romantic suspense and adventure fiction. Along with writing novels Kim has also published over eighty travel and geographic articles, and contributed to a travel story anthology. She has had the opportunity to live in Hawaii, New Mexico, South Dakota, Iowa, and Colorado, but has finally returned home to Wyoming. When not writing she enjoys gardening, traveling, hiking, and spending time with family.

Beverley: Which genre or genres do you write or prefer to write? And why?

Kim: I write suspense and adventure fiction. I love stories that allow me to incorporate action, adventure, romance, exotic locations, and happily-ever-after endings. In the real world the good guys don’t always win, but in my stories they do. However, in my Risky Research Series the wins in each story will be smaller, rather than unequivocally complete, until I decide to end the series for good since my protagonist and some of the antagonists are recurring characters.

Beverley: Who influenced you the most in deciding to become a writer?

Kim: I had a high school creative writing teacher who commented on one of my stories that with more character development I was well on my way to a novel. I always enjoyed writing, but her comment and encouragement made me think that I could actually construct a novel.

Beverley: What gets your creative juices flowing?

Kim: I love to travel, which always inspires me with ideas for new stories, locations, or characters.

Beverley: Do you have a favorite cartoon character? Why?

Kim: Growing up my favorite cartoon was Scooby Doo. I guess I’ve always loved a good mystery and a little suspense.

Beverley: Who would you love most to meet 'in person' and why?

Kim: A couple years ago I was able to meet one of my two favorite writer, James Rollins. It was pretty exciting. I had hoped for an opportunity to meet my other favorite author, Clive Cussler. Unfortunately, he passed away last winter before I had an opportunity, but I did get to visit his classic car museum in Colorado which contained many of the cars from his novels.

Beverley: If you had an unexpected free day what would you do with it?

Kim: Whenever I have an unexpected free day I love to go out and try to discover a new site close to home that I had previously overlooked. I’ve been surprised in the past year to find many interesting places that I didn’t realize existed so close to home.

Beverley: What are you working on now?

Kim: I just released the fourth installment in the Risky Research Series, A Measure of Madness, and I’m currently working on the fifth, and likely final, installment in the series, A Recipe for Revenge. Here’s a bit more about my new release, A Measure of Madness.

Blurb for A Measure of Madness

FBI agent Devyn Nash's pursuit of a deadly organization heats up in this fourth installment of the Risky Research series.
The FBI locates the mastermind behind Coterie, but attempts to bring him in result in a shootout that sends Coterie’s members scrambling for cover. When Devyn’s partner is left fighting for his life in a Puerto Rican hospital, she becomes more determined than ever to bring them to justice.
Devyn’s decision to ignore her orders and pursue the head of Coterie to Brazil puts her job and her relationship with Sheriff Gage Harris in jeopardy, but she is unwilling to allow those responsible for so much death to live out their lives in paradise
.

Excerpt from A Measure of Madness

Devyn smeared butter on her pancakes and poured an ample portion of blueberry syrup over the large stack. She supposed Nick had a point about her eating habits, but that was far down on her list of worries at the moment. Between drug lords, arms dealers, and Coterie, she had a difficult time mustering up any fear of butter.

Her number one priority was shutting down Coterie. A close second was figuring out what to do about Gage. She wanted Gage to be first, but if she was being honest with herself, he couldn’t be until she brought Coterie to justice. Too many people had already died and the trail of destruction would likely continue as long as any members were out there. For now, she had to keep her head in the game. One misstep could be deadly. 

Buy Links for A Measure of Madness

A Measure of Madness is currently available in ebook from these online book retailers, and it will also be released in paperback soon.

Amazon Buy Link main full: https://www.amazon.com/Measure-Madness-Risky-Research-ebook/dp/B08TX7C1BZ/

Barnes and Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-measure-of-madness-kim-mcmahill/1138684987?ean=9781522398837

Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/a-measure-of-madness

Apple Books: https://books.apple.com/us/book/a-measure-of-madness/id1550649255

Social Media Links for Kim:

Blog: http://www.kimmcmahill.blogspot.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/kimmcmahill

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/KimMcMahillAuthor/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kimmcmahill/

Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/849945.Kim_McMahill

Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/kim-mcmahill

No comments:

Post a Comment