Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Daryl Devore and her Love a Billionaire Collection

 

Two writers in one. Daryl Devoré writes hot romances with sexy heroes and strong heroines and sweet romances with little to no heat. She has several published books available on Amazon in ebook or print book and available at other book retailers via Books2Read.

Daryl (@daryldevore) lives in an old farmhouse in Ontario, Canada, with her husband and 2 cats. Daryl loves to take long walks on her quiet country road or snowshoe across the back acres, and in the summer, kayak along the St. Lawrence River. She has touched a moon rock, a mammoth, and a meteorite. She’s been deep in the ocean in a submarine, flown high over Niagara Falls in a helicopter, and used the ladies room in a royal palace. Life’s an adventure and Daryl’s having fun living it.

Author Interview – Daryl Devore – Romance Author

I started out doing a Character Interview for this post, but as this is a 3-book collection, I had 3 alpha males all trying to answer and then the women wanted their turns. So, I bailed, and did an Author Interview.

Beverley: Which genre or genres do you write or prefer to write? And why?

Daryl: Well, as you know, Daryl, I primarily write romance, but in several different sub-genres. But during quarantine, I started a cozy mystery – but don’t tell anybody. It is nowhere near being completed.

Beverley: Who influenced you the most in deciding to become a writer?

Daryl: No one. Right? It was pretty well me saying, “Let’s give this a try. How hard could it be?” LMAO, now!

Beverley: What gets your creative juices flowing?

Daryl: The little muse who lives inside my head. I can suffer through droughts of no working on my latest WIP and then all of a sudden, the muse has it figured out and several chapters just pour out of me.

Beverley: Do you have a favorite cartoon character? Why?

Daryl: Road Runner! Why? Beep! Beep!

Beverley: Who would you love most to meet 'in person' and why?

Daryl: Queen Elizabeth. I’d love her to drop by, take off her crown, kick off her shoes, sit back and just chat. She must have some amazing stories.

Beverley: If you had an unexpected free day what would you do with it?

Daryl: LOL – Exactly what I am doing today – getting caught up on blogs and interviews and book promotions. Oh, you meant if I didn’t have any writing related stuff to do. Depends on the time of year. Summer, I can just sit and chill in my garden. Winter, I can just sit and chill on a beach and listen to the waves.

Beverley: What are you working on now?

Daryl: About 5 things at a time. I have just released this collection. I have 2 more collections waiting in the wings. Before they are released, my medieval fantasy romance will be coming out. Plus, I am changing my books written under Victoria Adams to under my name, so there is some updating and making new covers for those 4 books. Plus, I am writing a new story which is an offshoot from the medieval fantasy romance that comes out in January. It’s going to be a while before that book is ready to be released. Plus, there is the cozy mystery waiting and 8 or 9 starts on books.

Beverley: Well, you sure are busy.

Daryl: I know! How did I get into this situation?!?!

Beverley: Hoping that’s a rhetorical question.

Daryl: Le sigh. Well, off to choose an excerpt for this post. 3 stories to pick one from. Wish me luck.

Blurbs

If you love hot, billionaire romances, then Daryl Devoré’s collection is a must read. Three of her hottest billionaire romances bundled into one smouldering collection.

Desires - When secrets conflict with dreams, love explodes.

After a mistake by a surgeon’s scalpel shattered Fuchsia Quinn's dance career, she picked up the pieces of her life and moved forward.

Peyton Lang, having run from an impoverished neighbourhood, lives the lifestyle of a successful billionaire.

Frustrated that his current multi-million-dollar project is stalled, Peyton drops in to LEATHER-ICIOUS for a quick drink and late night entertainment. What he saw was a beautiful redhead. What he found was he wanted her.

Two O’clock with the Billionaire – Sometimes, a woman has to do what a woman has to do.

Where Derek Davenport is concerned, women only had one thing in mind: trap him into a marriage.

Unemployed and nearing financial desperation, Arianne is forced to step out of her comfort zone. With minimal hours and excellent pay, she accepts the position of courtesan to a handsome billionaire.

Their sexual antics cause emotions neither is willing to admit. Will Arianne and Derek drive each other crazy…or will they fall in love first?

Two Truths and Lie - The legend of Robin Hood and Maid Marian with a twenty-first-century twist.

As if multiple planes crashes, a car accident, and a concussion isn’t enough, carefree Byn and straight-laced billionaire, Mark clash over Byn's need for independence and Mark's struggle with guilt pushing him in the opposite direction of love. When an art forger, an art thief and a ninety-year-old woman get involved the chance for true love for Byn and Mark fades.

All is lost until a children's game is their only hope.

Scene Set – This is from Two Truths and a Lie. Mark offers to fly Byn home on his private jet. She slept on a sofa bed in the cabin.

I paused next to the dining room area table. On it was a large coffee machine with a timer set to start in five minutes. Next to that was a tray with a silver cover. I peeked under the lid. On a plate were muffins and Danishes.

Five minutes until the coffee started brewing. I could wait. I grabbed a muffin to snack on and returned to the bed and nestled back down. I lay next to Mark and listened to the soft sound of his breathing.

Why had the fates thrown us together? What could the Universe have in mind by pairing a cat burglar and a billionaire? It would probably make for a great romance, but right now it just seemed bizarre.

The first hint of coffee drifted across the air. My stomach rumbled. It recognized the smell. I slipped out of the warmth of the bed, put a couple of muffins on a plate and placed two mugs next to the coffee maker. After filling both cups, I stared at Mark's coffee. The first coffee of the day was important. Get it wrong and the whole day would be ruined. I tried to visualize the coffee he'd drunk at the airport. Was it black? Light brown?

I, mentally, crossed my fingers for luck and poured in some cream. I hesitated by the sugar and decided he wasn't a sugar user. I collected the mini breakfast, placed it on the end table next to the bed and settled back with my coffee.

Ahhh. That first sip of the day. In a few heartbeats, caffeine surged, slapping sleeping cells awake.

"Did you bring me one?" His voice held a teasing note.

"I brought myself two, but I'm guessing I could share. It's got cream, no sugar. I wasn't sure…"

"Perfect." He rolled over and sat up, leaning against the back of the couch-bed. He yawned, rubbed his face then accepted his coffee.

"Muffin?" I held out the plate. "Blueberry or lemon poppy seed. I ate the chocolate chip one."

"You ate the chocolate chip one? Oh, gawd, woman. How could you?" He grabbed the lemon poppy seed muffin.

"Um… I… I'm so sorry, I didn't know. I—"

He tilted back his head and laughed. "Drink more coffee. You're too easy to get first thing in the morning."

"Ah. This is how it's going to be." I grinned.

He held his coffee. "I would like to explain how I ended up in bed with you.”

Buy Links – not available at present.

Social Media

Blog - Romance - Sweet to Heat

Twitter

Bi-monthly Newsletter

MEWE

Instagram

Facebook

Website

Amazon Author Page

GoodReads Author Page

LinkedIn

Pinterest

Book Bub

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting me top by and chat about my Love a Billionaire Collection.
    Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete