Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Writing Programs


A quick update. I followed the old rule “butt in chair” every day and write something. I also went back about two chapter and started editing, not fresh writing which is what I need to do. After editing the two chapters I continued to write toward the finish. It’s slow and the words aren’t flowing, but I am working toward the end and then I can edit everything.

I still write using Word, and I’m also still on Windows 7. The idea of learning Windows 10 I find daunting right now. What is everyone else using? Do you use a writing program like Scrivener?

I tried Scrivener and it looks like it would work. Other swear by it. I found it a little confusing and went back to Word.
I wasn’t sure of the available programs today so I goggled and found the ones listed below at https://self-publishingschool.com/book-writing-software-best/. I’m familiar with some of them. How about you?
Microsoft Word – Word Processor, $79.99.
Scrivener – Word Processor, $45.
Pages – Word Processor, $28.
Freedom – Productivity Software, $2.42/month.
Google Docs – Online Word Processor, Free.
Evernote – Note-Taking Software, Free.
FocusWriter – Word Processor, Free.
Ulysses - $39.99/year
Hemingway Editor Free
Dropbox Free
Open Office Free
Fast Pencil Free
PauseFor
Grammerly
I think I’m going to research each one and post the information on my upcoming blogs.
    If you’ve used any of them and would like to share your experience that would be great. Or if you a program you’d like me to research – let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment