Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Blogging About DEA

Last week I talked about the RWA Conference in San Diego and the awesome retired Seal, and the female DEA agent. It makes me want to start writing a Seal book. I do think I might inject a DEA agent in my present WIP - Death Southern Style.
All DEA agents are called Special Agents. They always carry their gun.  Depending on the size of the office you have Teams - which include DEA plus others (secretaries, local police officers, etc.). The Teams report to a Supervisor. Above him is the Assistant Special Agent in Charge (Usually of 5- 10 teams); the Chief of Operations, the Deputy Administrator, Administrator, and finally the Attorney General. Qualifications for a DEA agent include a four year degree in anything. You must be the thirty-seven years old or younger and possess a valid drivers license. If you're looking for a realistic TV show, Breaking Bad is recommended. Also The Wire.

Anybody out there writing books with DEA Special Agents?

10 comments:

  1. I don't have any DEA agents in my books. A cousin of my husband worked as one though undercover. It was a tough job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's very interesting. I agree, from what Amy talked about, it's a tough job.

      Delete
  2. Well actually... the book I'm releasing Sept 1st has a DEA connection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really - awesome. Was that DEA connection before our time with Amy? What's the title of the book?

      Delete
    2. I can post it on this blog as a new book if you send me the info.

      Delete
  3. No DEA agents in mine now. I struggle with writing cops. lolol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but you write lighter, fun books which we all need.

      Delete
  4. I do have two secondary DEA characters in the book releasing in August, Darkwater Echoes, but the main character is FBI (former SEAL). Love the title of your current WIP, btw, already curious about the story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm - former Seal and DEA - Dark Echoes sounds very interesting. Let us know when it's published. I can post it on this blog as a new book if you send me the info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting article. Good luck in adding and agent to your WIP.

    ReplyDelete