Thursday, August 3, 2017

JL Regan Talks About Reviews


This week we’re going to find out a little about author Joan Ramirez who writes as J.L. Regan. Joan will be talking about reviews. She’ll also tell us a little about herself and her writing, and answer some fun questions.
J.L. Regen’s book was inspired by a real life story of lovers who join hearts against many odds. She lives in the New York metropolitan area, is a published photojournalist, has short suspense stories online, and has taught special education and English as a Second Language to students around the globe. This is her first contemporary romance. She has also published three nonfiction books.

Beverley: How important are reviews for your book?
Joan: Reviews are important because they give me an idea of what to take out or put in for next novel.
Beverley: How do you get reviews?
Joan: I get reviews by posting my novel to book-related sites and doing as much live promo as I can
Beverley: Do you pay for reviews?
Joan: I do not pay for reviews
Beverley: How many reviews does an author need? Why?
Joan: An author needs good reviews --as many as possible. They build motivation.
Beverley: If you get a bad review, how do you handle it?
Joan:  I would hope not to get many bad reviews
Beverley: Anything else you’d like to add on the importance of interviews?
Joan: Interviews tell readers about my book
Beverley: Which genre or genres do you write or prefer to write?
Joan: I prefer romantic suspense
Beverley: What prompted you to write in the genre/s you do?
Joan: I've always wanted to write a romance and this was partly based on a true story
Beverley: What genres do you enjoy reading?
Joan: I enjoy suspense and historical
Beverley: I’d love to hear what you think of the present genres, how they’ve been affected by self-publishing and where you think they might be headed.
Joan: I think genres are an acquired taste and self-published books are growing rapidly
Beverley: How long have you been writing?
Joan: I have been writing since I'm 12 when I submitted my first published piece
Beverley: Who influenced you the most in deciding to become a writer?
Joan: My Mom influenced me most
Beverley: What obstacles did you have to overcome to begin creating your work?
Joan: Obstacles--learning the genre, of course
Beverley: What gets your creative juices flowing?
Joan: I get my creative juices flowing every morning but kids I teach motivate me re children's books, which I'm now getting into more and more
Beverley: What will stop your creative muse the quickest?
Joan: Nothing stops my creative muse
Beverley: What do you have for breakfast?
Joan: I eat tea, toast, and cheese
Beverley: Where do you do most of your writing?
Joan: I write from my home
Beverley: Do you have a favorite cartoon character? Why?
Joan: Yes, Betty Boop. She's cool
Beverley: Who would you love most to meet 'in person' and why?
Joan: I would loved to have met Eleanor Roosevelt. My hero
Beverley: If you had an unexpected free day what would you do with it?
Joan: When I have free time, I write and scout out ideas for books
Beverley: What are you working on now?
Joan: I'm working on my first romantic suspense and my first historical suspense
Blurb for Secret Desires:
Margo Simmons is ecstatic when she inherits her uncle’s Manhattan apartment and a handsome sum of money. To her chagrin, there are strings attached. She must be gainfully employed in a job for a year. Everything in Margo’s life has complications. When she meets the man of her dreams, she anguishes over how to fulfill her secret desires for a loving relationship because he is still emotionally tied to his deceased wife and afraid to open his heart again. To replace her fractured childhood growing up with a distant stepfather, Margo becomes the guardian of an elementary student who longs for connection and closeness. As the story evolves, readers will see how these individuals unite. Secret Desires is written from the heart and speaks to anyone who has suffered a loss and had to start over.

Buy Link: For order on Amazon and Barnes & Noble (E-book format. ISBN:97809984099-0-0)

You can find Joan at:
Website: Joansbookshelf.com
And Writerjr1044@gmail.com

Don’t forget to check back next week for another author interview on Reviews.

1 comment: