Saturday, December 26, 2015

Happy Boxing Day


Boxing Day is a holiday traditionally celebrated the day following Christmas Day, when servants and tradesman would receive gifts, known as a "Christmas box", from their masters, employers or customers, in the United Kingdom, The Bahamas, Barbados, Canada, Hong Kong, Australia, Bermuda, New Zealand, Kenya, South Africa, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica and other former British colonies. Today, Boxing Day is the bank holiday or public holiday that generally takes place on 26 December and when the post-Christmas sales begin.
We had a quiet Christmas Day in Tucson. I talked to family and cooked a turkey breast with fixings. No snow but the weather is getting colder. Today it goes to a whopping 46 F and down to 25F tonight. As I write this the window is rattling the doors and windows.
I'm going to start planning my goals for next year; including a budget, writing and health. I really do need to lose weight and exercise more. (No, I'm not out returning gifts or hitting the sales.)

I've also changed covers on two books - Don't Go and Targeted. But the new cover for Targeted is only for the UK.

I need to go through my reading pile and try to read more. Anyone got any good suggestions?

It's hard to believe it's less than a week and we're in a new year.
Thank you everyone who has supported me with blogs and tweaks, and maybe even bought a book. I appreciate you all and wish you a 2016 that meets your expectations.
Now I'm actually going to go and work on my latest book Death Southern Style. Have a great post Christmas weekend, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment