Sunday, March 23, 2014

Baton Blog Hop

I’m blogging today as part of the Baton Blog Hop. Sandy Parks is the one responsible for my doing this. Sandy and I are both members of the Kiss of Death Chapter of RWA. As a pilot of recreational aircrafts and traveler Sandy uses her background to write her novels. Her latest, REPOSSESSED is an action/adventure thriller involving a business jet. Check it out at http://www.sandyparksauthor.com/ or http://sandyparks.wordpress.com/
 


Now the way this Baton Blog hop works is I answer the following questions and then pass the baton on to three other authors. We hope it doesn’t get dropped along the way. You know – you’ve seen it happen in relay races.

First question – what am I working on?

I’m working on A Murder to Forget. It’s the second book in the Holly Devine, Assistant PI series. I just got the cover. What do you think?

How does my work differ from others in its genre?

My heroine comes from a wealthy family. She was raised in Miami. Her family was killed, murdered actually, by a family friend and business partner, who also embezzled most of the family fortune. She is now working as an Assistant PI. With no experience she was hired because she has an in with wealthy and can get invited to fancy parties and country club affairs.  She’s working on a relationship with an INTERPOL agent, but it’s a little rocky. Another difference is her friend has early Alzheimer’s.  

Why do I write what I do?

Because I love to kill people? No, not really, but it can be fun. I’ve been writing as long as I can remember and even in school I used to write mystery suspense. Remember all those locked room murders? I loved figuring out how it was done and writing my own. I tried to write a straight romance once, but kept throwing in murders and clues.  I love to read romantic suspense and murder mysteries and that’s’ what I write.

How does your writing process work?

I’m not sure how to answer this one. I usually think of a plot. I work on that in my head, or write notes, then I start to think about what characters would work in this situation. Then I try to work out a character sketch for my hero/heroine and maybe the villain. It’s pretty sketchy. I’m more of a pantser, but I write about one line of plot: pov and goal of scene for each scene. Then I start writing and I write the first rough draft – very draft. Then I go back and read and revise and edit.

But that’s enough about me; it’s time to pass the baton to these authors. They’ll be blogging next Monday, March 31st, so make a note and make sure you check them out.

M.J. Flournoy is a friend for many years through KOD. I love her stories. She is an author of erotic romance. She writes stories laced with suspense, paranormal adventure, love, lust and sensual details. Her stories are steamy, emotional, suspenseful and gripping. She enjoys travel and has visited Austria, Greece, Italy, France and Spain. Check out her latest book, A MATTER OF TRUST at https://authormjflournoy.wordpress.com/about/
 

Mary Marvella is also a personal friend I’ve known for many years through RWA. She was born in Augusta, Georgia to two eighteen-year olds. Her daddy, a Mississippi man, was stationed at Camp Gordon and fell in love with a young girl selling flowers. Look for details in her blogs. Mary has been a storyteller for as long as she can remember.  
 
Mary graduated from Mercer University and taught language arts for 15 years. Now she tutors, teaches, writes, and edits. Her daughter is her cover artist now. Danielle was raised in the photography business. She hasn’t read any of Mary’s books. Something about TMI. Check out Mary’s latest book, THE GIFT, a woman’s fiction romance at 
http://marymarvella.wordpress.com/about/

Reggi Allder studied screen writing and creative writing at UCLA. She is an author of and romantic suspense and contemporary novels. She likes tales of love lost and then found or stories of heroes and heroines who discover love but wonder if they’ll live long enough to enjoy it. Her main characters cope with longings, secrets, lies and betrayals. They control their panic and manage their passion as each fight to discover a hidden strength. It’s a strain for them to remain motivated as the world offers temptations and puts them in untenable situations.
 
She writes great contemporary novels you should definitely check out.  Her latest book MONEY, POWER AND POISON can be found http://reggiallder.com/index.html Check it out.
 
Don't forget to check out these three authors next Monday, March 31st.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! I learned new things about you! I can't wait to dig into this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy Parks said:
    Fun blog. I wondered if kids wrote about mysteries and murder in school today whether they would be suspended???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Marvella is a terrific author and just as wonderful a person. Fun blog!

    ReplyDelete